- Place the seed/s into a container of hot water, allow the water to cool.
- Leave the seeds to soak for 24 hours.
- Place the seed into the expanded peat pellet (as per step 2 & 3 of the printed instructions included) no more than the height of the seed deep.
- Place the growing pots in a warm, sunny but sheltered environment to germinate e.g. a covered patio with morning sun or a window sill with morning sun.
- Water daily in the morning keep them moist so they don’t dry out.
If, after soaking the seed overnight, the seed has not softened or swelled, you will need to scarify the seed coat. Scarifying is the process of weakening the seed coat, so that water and oxygen can enter the seed, in turn, kick starting germination. Seeds will remain dormant if not exposed to these elements
Scarifying can be achieved by gently rubbing the seed coat with sandpaper, you do not need to rub off the entire coating, just enough for water to enter.
NB: Only scarify the seed coat, do not damage the internal parts of the seed.
Once Scarifying has been done. submerge the seed again as per instructions above